Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Thinsperation"

I've often heard that a good way to lose weight, to get yourself motivated, is to imagine what you want. Maybe even get pictures of thin women to remind you of what you want to look like.

That doesn't work for me. Looking at a thin woman, or knowing that I want to be 150 lbs (which is a healthy weight for my 5'8") and imagining how I will look at that size... I just shrug and be like "yeah, ok, so? She's skinny, I'm not, big deal."

I think I know why.

I don't imagine myself as fat. In my head, I'm smaller than I actually am. Yes, this gets destroyed when I see myself in a mirror or, more likely, a window outside.

Like an anti-anorexic view of myself.

It also makes actually seeing myself harder than it probably should be.

I think I'm going to get some pictures of fat women to remind myself of what I don't want to look like. Maybe that'll get my engine running.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin