Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Meh

So... I think I'm going to have to start things over. This week, so far, has sucked. My self control is like "what? what is this self control you speak of?" It's just not there. So... here I go to count calories. I made myself a diet journal today that I absolutely love. It's so pretty! And yes, I made it from scratch. I like doing things like that. I actually made notebooks for all my friends for Christmas one year, from the look of the covers to the design on the pages. It was awesome.

But anyways, here's my diet journal:
This is the front cover. At the beginning of my journey, I am far, far away 
from my goal, but I'm still working for it!
This is the first page. The castle and the swirly bits are from the paper used on the
front and back covers. The words are Jack Sh*t's post from today, because I
feel it fits how I feel with the diet today and it's actually rather inspiring.
This is the back page. On one side I'm going to put my before picture, and the 
other side will be after, obviously. I'm waiting for the before picture
to be printed and sent to me.
And this is the back. I'm working towards my Happily Ever After!

There's no pictures of the pages because all I did was take graph paper and fold it in half. There's about 200 pages in there. Yes, I'm weird, I like writing on graph paper.

Naw, I didn't make the front and back, they were scrap booking paper that I cut down, stuck on board and made into the front and back covers. I'm not that artistically inclined.

Anyways, I need to work on my self control and maybe this will help. It'll be so much fun! I think I might actually write in this in black, to keep it look classy, rather than my normal purple ink. I'm going to need a lot of support (yey three readers!) even if it's just 'good for you!' lol

I haven't been able to go to the gym cause my mom's knees have been in pain, and she's my gym buddy. And this past Monday, I woke up just before five in pain, so my mom let me sleep in. But we should be going to the gym tomorrow.  My mom got some knee braces for her knees and they seem to be helping.

I know I was going to talk about something else, but I completely forget...

Oh, I'm looking for different kinds of diets from calorie counting all the way to the Paleo diet. Anything at all. Also, anyone got any ideas for how to have better self control, other than just... doing it? Things like chewing bubble gum, etc.

Thanks! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jassi, since you asked!!! I used to do weight watchers, and it worked for a time, Im not knocking the diet at all but for me I was just too hungry all the time. Back on the old points program I got 22 points a day. When a banana knocked me down a whole 2 points, I just felt like it wasnt enough damned food you know!?
    So back at the end of last summer I started Atkins and now I ignore calories and count net carb grams instead. Personally I love it, and once you get past the first week or two not eating the sweets/potatoes/bread/rice/pasta crap not to mention all the processed foods you dont crave them!
    That is a beautiful journal, and I hope you and your mom get to the gym soon. Im going to walk my dog after work today--every little bit counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That journal is AMAZING!! I can't believe you made that :-) How talented!!

    By the way, I just have to ask...what is your font on here? I LOVE it!

    Anyways, some of my favorite tips are the simple tricks like drink water first. I usually drink a full glass of water, then wait 20 minutes...if I still feel like I want something, I either find a substitute or just allow myself a little bit rather than a huge portion of something.

    You may want to look into WW. I love it on there!! And they make it easy to still eat what you want & find ways to lose weight. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin